Sunday, December 1, 2013

Focus: Keep a Notebook for Thoughts that Pop Up

One of the most important things a person needs to succeed is the ability to focus.  If we are trying to do too many things or are constantly distracted, than we are not able to focus.  Now focusing is easier said than done.  As an example, I've tried meditating off and on, and every time I do it, I find that I sit there and think of all the things I need to do.  Instead of getting frustrated, I keep a small notebook by me or a piece of paper and write down those thoughts and get back to meditating and before long, I find that I've cleared up most of the reminders and things to do and I can get back to the task on hand.  I also do this while at my corporate job.  There are tons of things to do in a day, as well as constant interruptions like the phone and email.

Focusing on the task or what you want to accomplish will help you achieve the results you are after.  I give my self so much time to complete something and if the time runs out that day, then I schedule myself some more time the next day until the task has been accomplished.  When I'm doing that task, I do only that task.  No multi-tasking.  The most successful people in the world know how to focus.

Try the notebook for your notes when focusing on one task and see if that frees up your mind and lowers your stress level.

No comments:

Post a Comment