Saturday, December 28, 2013

Juice Fast/Feast Beginnings: Day 1

So I've finally decided to go with a juice fast.  The reason the title says juice fast/feast is because some people prefer to refer to its as a feast vs. a fast, as it sounds a bit more positive this way.  I've signed up for an official 30-day program beginning on Sunday, January 5, but I'm an inpatient person and so figure, why not get a head start?  My last meal was lunch at a Japanese restaurant on the Gold Coast (downtown Chicago).  A delicious curry with rice and soft tofu.  Yum!  I finished that up at 1:00 p.m. on Friday, December 27.  So I've officially survived Day 1.  My purpose in these postings is to take you through just what occurred for me through my juice fast/feast.  The plan is to go 90-100 days, but the more I read, the more I realize your body will tell you when it's ready to stop.  While I eat relatively healthy, I know in the last few months I have eaten way too many chocolate bars and ate one too many gluten-free chips.  I dusted off the juicer I have, which is an Omega Fruit and Vegetable Juicer, in case you were curious.

What I am hoping to accomplish through this experiement is:
  • less headaches/migraines
  • better digestion
  • eliminate pain in both knees
  • more energy and concentration/focus
  • eliminate nightly teeth grinding

I have managed 12 days before once undertaking the juice fast/feast, although I did sneak a few small pieces of chocolate here and there, along with a few raw cashews.

Day 1:
Not too bad. I was able to run errands like grocery shopping, get my hair and nails done, and make dinner for my husband.  Of course, I made the juices for myself and cleaned up afterwards. I'm looking forward to next Sunday when the juices are made for me.  Here are the effects I've experienced today from the juice fast/feast.
  • strong nausea for an hour or so
  • slight headache
  • stomach pain
  • tiredness later in the evening
  • not hungry
So all in all, not a bad start.  Days 2 1/2 to 4 were the worst last time so like last time, not too much problem on Day 1.  I'm hoping I bypass any extremes this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment